HOME COURT - REOPENING PLAN
Home Court is part of the Puget Sound Region and is currently in Phase 2. Home Court is excited to have in-person programs in our facility again. We also want to make sure we do things the right way and ensure the health of our coaches, participants and families. We have decided on certain guidelines that will be in place for all Home Court programs. We will obviously follow any directives outlined by the State for reopening, but there are certain steps that we have already decided to follow whether they are required or not.
Home Court's Facility Guidelines include but are not limited to:
Again, we will be strictly following any guidelines from the Department of Health so additions will be made to this list if necessary. While these guidelines are new and will take some getting used to for both coaches and players, we see them as necessary to ensure that Home Court can continue to use the game of basketball to create a positive, productive and safe environment where kids can gain the skills, knowledge and confidence to be successful both on and off the court. Things may look a little different inside the gym, but the positive coaching, personal attention and fun that have been a part of the unique experience of a Home Court program will still be the same.
- Enrollmen limited to 24 participants, 300+ sq. ft/participant (our normal program limit is 32). Groups of 6 participants on each half court.
- There will be a maximum of 5 coaches at each session (Coach Jeff (Program Director) and/or Coach Pat (Executive Director) will be at every session to lead instruction and ensure that all safety guidelines are being followed).
- Limited number of spectators in the facility to ensure social distancing in the parent balcony (max. 1 spectator per participant).
- Social distancing guidelines of at least six feet of separation are maintained by coaches and players at all times. Players will be distanced at least six feet as much as possible.
- Based on number of cases and positivity rate for the county, we will be allowed to do some competitive drills and scrimmaging.
- Coaches, players and spectators must wear facial covering at all times while in the facility.
- Coaches and players will have their temperature taken with a "no contact" thermometer before entering the facility (anyone with a temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit will be considered to have a fever and be sent home).
- Hand sanitizer will be made available to all players and coaches upon entering the gym, during program breaks and at the conclusion of each session.
- Players and coaches will be asked to bring their own ball to the facility each time they come (if a Home Court ball is needed, that ball will be cleaned at the conclusion of the session and not be used for at least 24 hours).
- Exhaust fans will be run intermittently during sessions to increase airflow. Programs will be limited to a maximum of 90 minutes.
- Drinking fountains will only be allowed to be used as water bottle filling stations.
- Programs will be staggered to provide ample time for thorough cleaning of the facility between each session. The facility will be cleaned throughout the day.